hi.

by - Friday, June 04, 2010

wow, its been a while since I posted... and actually quite alot had happened. My last post was all about going to London for an interview on a makeup degree, well... that didnt quite go as well as i'd hoped and I ended up not getting a place on the course. For a while I didnt know what I was going to do next, whether to stick with the makeup artist route or not... I was rejected from the other courses i'd applied for before even being offered an interview so suffice to say I was feeling a bit shit about the whole thing, although not as dissapointed as i thought i would be... I'm the kind of person that never just sticks to one idea or one career path for that matter. I've never really known what i want. which leads me to where i am now. me and my fiance are still going to London, (he got onto his top up course so, and wasnt a question of us living apart) only now I'm going to become a Midwife rather than a makeup artist. I know, a rather big gap between the two careers, but it is somehting i have alwasy wanted to do and now ive come to realise that i can i suppose, which sounds like a bit of a cliche.. but isn't. ANYWAY. people are confused by my sudden change of plan becasue for a while i really did believe i wanted to be come a makeup artist, but something changed, and it was odd but when i made that decision to do something else it felt right. it felt like i should have chosen this path a long time ago. but we live and learn don't we. Ive learnt so much doing the artistic makeup course this year, that i have no regrets and I can still do freelance work on the side if i feel so inclined. I feel this blog will change a bit, and maybe i'll share more about me, and my life, with the occasional beauty post thrown in for good measure. I want to share my experiences as i move to London and start a whole new life.

anyway, rather than bore you all to tears, i'll end it there.

ciaoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I want to go to London.
    I am the same way. My friends tease me that I have ADD when it comes to what I want to be when I grow up.
    I have a great job right now but I want to have my own facial studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's it though, things change, sometimes to end up doing something you later realise isn't right for you but you learn from all the experiences. I don't regret doing all the different courses I've done or changing my mind about what I want to do because, I'm just being honest and I've learnt so much that it could never be a waste. I believe in something and believe that its what I want to do at the time but sometimes it doesn't work out the way you want. for me, anyway. rather than be stuck doing a job that other people may approve of or may be more convenient etc I'd rather do something that Im going to enjoy even if it is only for a while ;) at least you can say you've tried it.
    if that's what you want to do, then it shouldn't matter what others think, A facial studio sounds great, and if you believe in yourself im sure you could achieve it one day!

    sorry about the essay haha, and that you for reading my blog :)x

    ReplyDelete